Soliciting for Prostitution Public Database

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. I have been convicted of statute 796.07(2)(f) prior to January 1, 2021. Am I going to be placed on the Soliciting for Prostitution Public Database?

No. Only individuals who committed the offense(s) on or after January 1, 2021 and are convicted (regardless of adjudication) on or after January 1, 2021 are currently being placed on the Soliciting for Prostitution Public Database.

Q2. What should I do if I feel I am on the public database in error?

If you were lawfully convicted (regardless of adjudication) of statute 796.07(2)(f), you have been placed on the public database as required by 796.07(5)(e) and 943.0433. If you have received an expungement or your conviction has been overturned, please email a completed petition to

If you feel you are on the public database in error for any other reason, please provide any details, documentation, or as much information as possible to support your belief to Emails are monitored and will be responded to accordingly.

Q3. How do I expunge my conviction?

Sections 943.0585 and 943.059, Florida Statutes (F.S.), set forth criteria that must be met in order to be eligible to have an adult or, if so desired, juvenile criminal history record sealed or expunged by a court.  In addition, these statutes require a person who wants to petition a court to seal or expunge his/her criminal history record in Florida, to first apply to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) for a Certificate of Eligibility. (As the name implies, this document certifies that the record is statutorily eligible for sealing or expungement.) 
The issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility does not mean that your criminal history record will, necessarily, be ordered sealed or expunged by the court. The granting of a petition for sealing or expungement filed by a statutorily-eligible petitioner is at the sole discretion of the court.
Additional information regarding the Seal and Expunge Process can be found at

Q4. Where can I direct my questions, concerns, or comments?

All questions, concerns, and comments should be directed to