The laws and rules. which govern juvenile diversion expunction of criminal history record(s), include: s.943.0582, F.S.
, and Chapter 11C-7.009, Florida Administrative Code
* Effective July 1, 2013, the law states that an application for a juvenile diversion expunction must be submitted within 12 months of completion of the diversion program.
In order to obtain a juvenile diversion expunction of a criminal history record, the following documents must be provided to FDLE pursuant to s.943.0582, F.S.
- Section A must be completed by the applicant and signed by the applicant or the applicant's parent or legal guardian if the applicant is under 18 years of age at the time of signing.
- A NONREFUNDABLE money order, or Cashier's check, in the amount of $75.00 made payable to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- The applicant must be fingerprinted by authorized personnel with a law enforcement or criminal justice agency.
- You must have the state attorney complete Section B, certifying that you have successfully completed a prearrest or postarrest diversion program that allows for the expunction of the record upon the completion as authorized by s. 943.0582, F.S.
State Attorney Information
Section 943.0582, F.S.
- You should be aware that eligibility for a juvenile diversion expunction is conditioned upon timely and successful completion of a prearrest or postarrest diversion program authorized by s. 985.3065, F.S., and that the applicant's participation in the program was based on an arrest for a nonviolent misdemeanor as the term "nonviolent misdemeanor" is defined in s.943.0582, F.S. You should also be aware that the term "expunction" as used in s.943.0582, F.S., differs significantly in operation and effect from the term "expunction" as used in s.943.0585, F.S.
, states that an applicant seeking a juvenile diversion expunction of a criminal history record must obtain an official written statement from the appropriate state attorney as reflected in Section B on the application.
Once you have completed all applicable requirements as stated above, mail this application, all documents, and the $75.00 processing fee to:
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Attn: Expunge/Seal Section
Post Office Box 1489
Tallahassee, Florida 32302-1489
If the application is not complete and all of the necessary documents are not provided, the FDLE will return your package unprocessed. Any questions should be directed to the FDLE's Expunge Section at (850) 410-7870.